Specialized treatment for Sciatica, Herniated Disc, Bulging Disc, and Degenerative Disc
Information about Non Surgical Spinal Decompression with the Drx 9000, Frequently asked questions, Testimonials from our patients
Our innovative treatment for chronic lower back pain relief--whether from herniated discs, pinched nerves, degenerative disc disease, or sciatica--has helped multiple patients in the Central Connecticut area end their pain permanently without drugs or surgery.
Most of the patients that come into our office have already tried the usual- rest, medication and more medication. They have been to numerous practitioners who have prescribed them exercises, epidurals, traction, physical therapy, nerve blocks- you name it we have heard it in our office. Most patients just want to able to do the "simple" things in life- like washing the dishes, sitting at a computer, play golf, being able to work for 8 hours, being able to shop, cooking dinner for their family, get a full nights sleep. But for people who suffer from chronic low back and neck pain, these simple activities are not possible and become debilitating. Our patients will tell you:
"I was treated for degenerative disk disease which I had been suffering with for over 20 years. Physical therapy several times did not help me. Getting out of bed each morning was almost unbearable."- Barbara P, Newington Connecticut
"I fell about 3 years ago and was diagnosed with 3 bulging discs and 1 ruptured. I was going to a chiropractor for 2 to 3 times a week plus acupuncture and taking percocet for 4 months."- Mary B, Oakdale Connecticut
"The condition treated for is combined osteoporosis and spinal stenosis in the lumbar region. The pain severity was off the high end on a scale of 1 to 10 and virtually constant, with excruciating pain in the lower back and both legs. Physical therapy, epidural injections, and pain medications were ineffective or of short duration, and even counterproductive."- Jeanne U, Granby Connecticut
At CT Spine and Disc Center, Dr. Bellinger and Dr. Gill offer a different approach that is gentle, effective treatment for chronic low back pain from such conditions as a disc herniation, "pinched nerve", bulging disc, and degerative disc disease. It is called Spinal Decompression using the innovative Drx 9000. CT Spine and Disc Center has been featured on Connecticut's very own Eyewitness News Channel 3. Here are some frequently asked questions about Non Surgical Spinal Decompression
Has any research been done to prove the effectiveness of Spinal Decompression Therapy ?
Yes. In a recent outcome study by T. Gionnis (submitted to the Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine), 500 potential patients with low back pain and pain radiating into the lower extremities were treated on the DRX 9000. With treatment success defined by a reduction of pain to 0 or 1 on the pain scale, the DRX 9000 treatment was successful for 86% of the 219 patients included in the study. Click here to read this study
. Other studies that have been performed include:
- Effects of vertebral axial decompression on intradiscal pressure Gustavo Ramos, M.D., and William Martin, M.D. Journal of Neurosurgery, Volume 81 350-353,1994
- The Effects of vertebral Axial Decompression on Sensory Nerve Function in patients with low back pain and radiculopathy. Frank Tilaro M.D. and Dennis Miskovich,M.D. Canadian Journal of Clinical Medicene. January 1999
- Pain Management. A practical Guide for Clinicians. Chapter 20: New Concepts in Back Pain Management: Decompression, Reduction, and Stabilization. C Norman Shealy, M.D.,Ph.D.,F.A.C.S. Pierre L.LeRoy, M.D.,F.A.C.S.
- New Device Review Non Surgical Decompression and the DRX9000 MTG Newsletter November-December 2001 / Vol.8 No.9
- DRS System Clinical Trial- Clinical Trial Study of a Non-Invasive Decompression System in the Treatment of Lumbosacral RadiculopathiesWilliam Laurerman, Assoc.Prof. Ortho. Surgery and Chief Spine Surgery, Georgetown Peter A. Moskovitz, Clinical Prof. Of Ortho. & Neuron. Surgery, George Washington et al.
- VAX-D RESEARCH Vertebral axial decompression therapy for pain associated with herniated or degenerated discs or facet syndrome: An outcome study Earl E.Gost, William K. Naguszewski and Robert K. Naguszewski
- Emerging technologies: Preliminary Findings. Decompression, Reduction, and Stabiliazation of the Lumbar Spine: A cost-effective treatment for lumbosacral pain C. Normal Shealy MD, PhD and Vera Borgmeyer, RN, MA AIPM 1997 Volume 7 Pages 63-65
So, if you've been in pain too long, take medication just to get through the day, and have seen countless practitioners who've not been able to help you end your pain, you owe it to yourself to give us a call at 860-633-8756 today. We want to help you get better and live pain-free.